Father’s Day is
Sunday, June 16, 2013
What Is A Dad?
A dad is someone who
wants to catch you before you fall
but instead picks you up,
brushes you off,
and lets you try again.
A dad is someone who
wants to keep you from making mistakes
but instead lets you find your own way,
even though his heart breaks in silence
when you get hurt.
A dad is someone who
holds you when you cry,
scolds you when you break the rules,
shines with pride when you succeed,
and has faith in you even when you fail…
A father is someone that
holds your hand at the fair
makes sure you do what your mother says
holds back your hair when yor are sick
brushes that hair when it is tangled because mother is too busy
lets you eat ice cream for breakfeast
but only when mother is away
he walks you down the aisle
and tells you everythings gonna be ok
Categories: 2. Father's Day, 5. Funny Poster of the Day, email Forwards, Famous Quotes, Funny Pictures, I've learned that..., Inspirational, Interesting Facts Tags: best dad poster, Best Father's day posters, Father's Day 2013. best Father's day quotes
Grandparents are funny!
“Grandparents are a delightful blend of laughter,
caring deeds, wonderful stories and love.”
The idea that no one is perfect is a view
most commonly held by people with no grandchildren.
- Grandparents are a family’s greatest treasure, the founders of a loving legacy, The greatest storytellers, the keepers of traditions that linger on in cherished memory. Grandparents are the family’s strong foundation. Their very special love sets them apart. Through happiness and sorrow, through their special love and caring, grandparents keep a family close at heart. ~author unknown
- Surely, two of the most satisfying experiences in life must be those of being a grandchild or a grandparent. ~Donald A. Norberg
Grandparents bring about a side that you probably wish that’s how your parents dealt with you while you were a child. Abundance of indulgence and unwavering love. ~ author unknown
- Even young grandparents seem enormously old to a small child, although the child may politely deny it. One small girl, feeling proud of reaching the monumental age of four, turned to her young-looking grandmother and asked, “How come I’m so old if you’re so new?” ~Alison Judson Ryerson
- What is it about grandparents that is so lovely? I’d like to say that grandparents are God’s gifts to children. And if they can but see, hear and feel what these people have to give, they can mature at a fast rate. ~Bill Cosby
- Grandparents are similar to a piece of string – handy to have around and easily wrapped around the fingers of their grandchildren. ~Author Unknown
Categories: 1. Funny Email Forwards, Beautiful Email Forwards, Email Delanteros Humor Interesante, email Forwards, Famous Quotes, FUNNY EMAILS, Funny Pictures, Funny Sayings, Great Pictures, Great Posters, Humor, I've learned that..., Inspirational, Interesting Facts, Jokes, Kids/Children, LOVE, Relationships, Wisdom Tags: funny grandma, grandparents funny, grandparents quotes, grandparents special
I have done a great deal of research on the topic of COCONUTS
and have come to the conclusion that
Coconuts Are Amazing!
The two basic items necessary to sustain life are sunshine and coconut milk.
The coconut palm (also, cocoanut), Cocos nucifera, is a member of the family Arecaceae (palm family). It is the only accepted species in the genusCocos. The term coconut can refer to the entire coconut palm, the seed, or the fruit, which, botanically, is a drupe, not a nut. The spellingcocoanut is an archaic form of the word. The term is derived from 16th century Portuguese and Spanish coco, meaning “head” or “skull”, from the three small holes on the coconut shell that resemble human facial features. ~ wikipedia
The Coconut Tree has been commonly referred to not only as the“Tree of Life”, but also as the “Jewel of the Tropics”; “the King of Trees”; “Tree of Abundance”; “Tree of Heaven” and the“Signature Tree of The Tropics”. In Sanskrit, coconuts are called“Kalpa Vriksha”, which means: “the tree that gives all that is necessary for living”.
Potential impact on human health of this amazing natural coconut elixir:
“The recent discovery of other medicinal values of coconut water signifies a good potential in improving human health. Better insights and understanding of the functions and properties of the individual components of coconut water will, therefore, help us to better utilize this marvelous and multidimensional liquid with special biological properties from nature.” Jean Yong
Best “Sports Drink”
Along with plain water, coconut water is one of the best and safest option to rehydrate yourself after a strenuous workout. If you need the electrolytes, it will provide them. If you don’t need them, then it certainly won’t hurt you. And as you’re learning, coconut water has a mountain of other health benefits in addition to rehydration, which no commercial sports drink in the world can provide.
Quotes about the Amazing Coconut:
“He who plants a coconut tree plants food and drink, vessels and clothing, a home for himself and a heritage for his children”
- South Seas saying
“One of these nuts is a meal for a man, both meat and drink”
- Marco Polo
My mother was very strong. Once, she picked up a coconut and smashed it against my father’s head. It taught me about women defending themselves and not collapsing in a heap.
I’m just taking care of myself: Eating less, exercising more, drinking a lot of coconut water.
I drink a lot of coconut water. It balances out all the other toxic stuff I put into my body.
Categories: Education, email Forwards, Exercise, Famous Quotes, Great Pictures, I've learned that..., Interesting Facts, Wisdom Tags: amazing coconuts, coconut benefits, coconut facts, coconut images, coconut quotes, coconuts
Exercise science is a fine and intellectually fascinating thing. But sometimes you just want someone to lay out guidelines for how to put the newest fitness research into practice.
The Scientific 7-Minute Workout may be just what the doctor ordered!
An article in the May-June issue of the American College of Sports Medicine’s Health & Fitness Journal does just that. In 12 exercises deploying only body weight, a chair and a wall, it fulfills the latest mandates for high-intensity effort, which essentially combines a long run and a visit to the weight room into about seven minutes of steady discomfort — all of it based on science.
“There’s very good evidence” that high-intensity interval training provides “many of the fitness benefits of prolonged endurance training but in much less time,” says Chris Jordan, the director of exercise physiology at the Human Performance Institute in Orlando, Fla., and co-author of the new article.
Work by scientists at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, and other institutions shows, for instance, that even a few minutes of training at an intensity approaching your maximum capacity produces molecular changes within muscles comparable to those of several hours of running or bike riding.
Interval training, though, requires intervals; the extremely intense activity must be intermingled with brief periods of recovery. In the program outlined by Mr. Jordan and his colleagues, this recovery is provided in part by a 10-second rest between exercises. But even more, he says, it’s accomplished by alternating an exercise that emphasizes the large muscles in the upper body with those in the lower body. During the intermezzo, the unexercised muscles have a moment to, metaphorically, catch their breath, which makes the order of the exercises important.
The exercises should be performed in rapid succession, allowing 30 seconds for each, while, throughout, the intensity hovers at about an 8 on a discomfort scale of 1 to 10, Mr. Jordan says. Those seven minutes should be, in a word, unpleasant. The upside is, after seven minutes, you’re done.
Categories: Education, email Forwards, Exercise, I've learned that..., In the News, Interesting Facts, Wisdom Tags: best fitness program, exercise new scientific program, fitness, high intensity exercise, The Scientific 7-Minute Workout
Something to keep those grey cells active!
1. Johnny ‘s mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May.
…What was the third child ‘s name?
2. There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he is five feet ten inches tall and he wears size 13 sneakers.…What does he weigh?
3. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, …what was the highest mountain in the world?
4. How much dirt is there in a hole …that measures two feet by three feet by four feet?
5. What word in the English Language …is always spelled incorrectly?
6. Billy was born on December 28th, yet his birthday is always in the summer.….How is this possible?
7. In California , you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. …Why not?
8. What was the President ‘s Name…in 1975?
9. If you were running a race, …and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?
10. Which is correct to say,… “The yolk of the egg are white” or “The yolk of the egg is white”?
11. If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other field,….how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in another field?
Here are the Answers
1. Johnny ‘s mother had three children. The first child was as named April The second was named May. What was the third child ‘s name?
Answer:Johnny of course
2. There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he is five feet ten inches tall, and he wears size 13 sneakers. What does he weigh?
3. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world?
Answer: Mt. Everest; it just wasn ‘t discovered yet. [ You 're not very good at this are you?]
4. How much dirt is there in a hole that measures two feet by three feet by four feet?
Answer: There is no dirt in a hole.
5. What word in the English Language is always spelled incorrectly?
6. Billy was born on December 28th, yet his birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible?
Answer: Billy lives in the Southern Hemisphere
7. In California , you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not?
Answer: You can ‘t take pictures with a wooden leg. You need a camera to take pictures.
8. What was the President ‘s Name in 1975?
Answer: Same as is it now - Barack Obama [Oh, come on ...]
9. If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?
Answer: You would be in 2nd. Well, you passed the person in second place, not first.
10. Which is correct to say, “The yolk of the egg are white” or “The yolk of the egg is white”?
Answer: Neither, the yolk of the egg is yellow [Duh]
11. If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other field, how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in another field?
Answer: One. If he combines all of his haystacks, they all become one big one.
IMPOSSIBILITIES IN THE WORLD
1) You can’t count your hair.
2) You can’t wash your eyes with soap.
3) You can’t breathe through your nose when your tongue is out.
Put your tongue back in your mouth, you silly person.
Ten (10) Things I know about you.
1) You are reading this.
2) You are human.
3) You can’t say the letter ”P” without separating your lips.
4) You just attempted to do it.
6) You are laughing at yourself.
7) You have a smile on your face and you skipped No. 5.
8) You just checked to see if there is a No. 5.
9) You laugh at this because you are a fun loving person & everyone does it too.
10) You are probably going to send this to see who else falls for it.
You have received this e-mail because I didn’t want to be alone in the idiot category.
Categories: 1. Funny Email Forwards, 4. Old Age or Golden Years Jokes, Email Delanteros Humor Interesante, email Forwards, FUNNY EMAILS, Humor, I've learned that..., Interesting Facts, Wisdom Tags: funny old age email forward, funny test, great email forward, test for seniors
- My Mother taught me about ‘anticipation.’
“Just wait until your father gets home.”
My Mother taught me to ‘meet a challenge.’
“What were you thinking? Answer me when I talk to you! Don’t talk back to me!”
My Mother taught me ‘logic.’
- “If you fall out off that swing and break your neck, you’re not going to the store with me.”
- You spend a half hour searching for your sunglasses only to have your teenager say, “Mom, why don’t you wear the ones you pushed up on your head?”
- You hear a baby cry in the grocery store, and you start to gently sway back and forth, back and forth. However, your children are at school!
- My mother taught me about ‘hypocrisy.’
“If I told you once, I’ve told you a million times. Don’t exaggerate!”
My mother taught me the ‘circle of Life.’
“I brought you into this world, and I can take you out.”
My mother taught me about ‘behavior modification.’
“Stop acting like your father!”
- For weeks a six-year old lad kept telling his first-grade teacher about the baby brother or sister that was expected at his house.
One day the mother allowed the boy to feel the movements of the unborn child. The six-year old was obviously impressed, but made no comment. Furthermore, he stopped telling his teacher about the impending event.
The teacher finally sat the boy on her lap and said, “Tommy, whatever has become of that baby brother or sister you were expecting at home?”
Tommy burst into tears and confessed, “I think Mommy ate it!”
- Mother to daughter advice:
Cook a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
But teach a man to fish and you get rid of him for the whole weekend.
- The mother of three notoriously unruly youngsters was asked whether or not she’d have children if she had it to do over again. “Yes,” she replied. “But not the same ones.
Check out the following site for more jokes, stories, free animations and poems about Mother’s Day:
Categories: 1. Funny Email Forwards, 3. Mother's Day, Email Delanteros Humor Interesante, email Forwards, FUNNY EMAILS, Funny Pictures, Humor, I've learned that..., Inspirational, Interesting Facts, Jokes, Kids/Children, Marriage, MOTHER'S DAY FUN, Relationships, Wisdom, Women Tags: 3. Mother's Day, funny mother taught me, funny sayings, Humor, Jokes, mother's sayings, teaching, wisdom
Mother Doesn’t Want a Dog for Mother’s Day by Judith Viorst
Mother doesn’t want a dog.
Mother says they smell,
And never sit when you say sit,
Or even when you yell.
And when you come home late at night
And there is ice and snow,
You have to go back out because
the dumb dog has to go.
Mother doesn’t want a dog.
Mother says they shed,
And always let the strangers in
And bark at friends instead,
And do disgraceful things on rugs,
And track mud on the floor,
And flop upon your bed at night
And snore their doggy snore.
Mother doesn’t want a dog.
She’s making a mistake.
Because, more than a dog,
I think She will not want this snake.
Categories: 1. Funny Email Forwards, Beautiful Email Forwards, Email Delanteros Humor Interesante, email Forwards, FUNNY EMAILS, Great Pictures, Humor, I've learned that..., Interesting Facts, Jokes, Kids/Children, MOTHER'S DAY FUN, Poems, Wisdom, Women Tags: Humor, Mother doesn't want a dog for Mother's day, mother's day poem, Mother's day wisdom, poem
Mom is Wow
~ Mother’s Day Reflection
When is Mother’s Day 2013?
Mother’s Day is a celebration honoring mothers and motherhood, maternal bonds, and the influence of mothers in society. It is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, most commonly in March, April or May. It complements Father’s Day, a similar celebration honoring fathers.
Mother’s Day is an American invention. It is not directly descended from the many celebrations of mothers and motherhood that have occurred throughout the world over thousands of years, such as the Greek cult to Cybele, the Roman festival of Hilaria, or the ChristianMothering Sunday celebration. Despite this, in some countries Mother’s Day has become synonymous with these older traditions. ~ wikipedia
Categories: 3. Mother's Day, Beautiful Email Forwards, email Forwards, I've learned that..., Inspirational, Interesting Facts, Kids/Children, LOVE, Marriage, MOTHER'S DAY FUN, Wisdom, Women Tags: email forward, mom is wow, Mother's Day 2013, what is a mother
I rapidly realized - It’s the tortoise life for me!
1. If walking/cycling is good for your health, the postman would be immortal.
2. A whale swims all day, only eats fish, drinks water, and is fat.
3. A rabbit runs and hops and only lives 15 years.
4. A tortoise doesn’t run and does nothing, yet it lives for 450 years.
And you tell me to exercise?? I don’t think so.
I’m retired. Go around me!
Categories: 1. Funny Email Forwards, 4. Old Age or Golden Years Jokes, Education, Email Delanteros Humor Interesante, email Forwards, Exercise, FUNNY EMAILS, Humor, I've learned that..., Interesting Facts, Jokes Tags: exercise, exercise joke, Humor, retirerd, turtle life joke
I am a new Grandparent.
Always thought I would be a wonderful Grandparent and enjoy spoiling my Grandkids.
I believe it’s our right to spoil our Grandkids.
Grandparents seem to have an innate desire to protect, love and spoil.
Spoiling Grandchildren is as natural as breathing.
It’s beyond our control!
But, how am I going to compete with this?
Grandparents Steve and Jeri Wakefield of Dallas
wanted to give their two grandsons the treehouse of their dreams.
And they did!
It’s one thing to be spoiled and another to be spoiled rotten!
That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!
My attempt above.
Hope my grandkids never google ~ best tree forts!!!!
‘You don’t spoil your grandchildren do you? A:’Not this morning, I haven’t seen them yet.’
What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies. ~Rudolph Giuliani
I always give my grandkids a couple of quarters when they go home. It’s a bargain. ~Gene Perret
When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window. ~Ogden Nash
Categories: 1. Funny Email Forwards, 4. Old Age or Golden Years Jokes, email Forwards, Great Pictures, Happiness, I've learned that..., Interesting Facts, Kids/Children, Relationships Tags: granparents, incredible, quotes spoiling grandchildren, spoil grandchildren, tree house