Grandparents are funny!
“Grandparents are a delightful blend of laughter,
caring deeds, wonderful stories and love.”
The idea that no one is perfect is a view
most commonly held by people with no grandchildren.
- Grandparents are a family’s greatest treasure, the founders of a loving legacy, The greatest storytellers, the keepers of traditions that linger on in cherished memory. Grandparents are the family’s strong foundation. Their very special love sets them apart. Through happiness and sorrow, through their special love and caring, grandparents keep a family close at heart. ~author unknown
- Surely, two of the most satisfying experiences in life must be those of being a grandchild or a grandparent. ~Donald A. Norberg
Grandparents bring about a side that you probably wish that’s how your parents dealt with you while you were a child. Abundance of indulgence and unwavering love. ~ author unknown
- Even young grandparents seem enormously old to a small child, although the child may politely deny it. One small girl, feeling proud of reaching the monumental age of four, turned to her young-looking grandmother and asked, “How come I’m so old if you’re so new?” ~Alison Judson Ryerson
- What is it about grandparents that is so lovely? I’d like to say that grandparents are God’s gifts to children. And if they can but see, hear and feel what these people have to give, they can mature at a fast rate. ~Bill Cosby
- Grandparents are similar to a piece of string – handy to have around and easily wrapped around the fingers of their grandchildren. ~Author Unknown
Categories: 1. Funny Email Forwards, Beautiful Email Forwards, Email Delanteros Humor Interesante, email Forwards, Famous Quotes, FUNNY EMAILS, Funny Pictures, Funny Sayings, Great Pictures, Great Posters, Humor, I've learned that..., Inspirational, Interesting Facts, Jokes, Kids/Children, LOVE, Relationships, Wisdom Tags: funny grandma, grandparents funny, grandparents quotes, grandparents special
These are my WISHES FOR MY MOM ON MOTHER’S DAY
I LOVE YOU MOM.
THESE ARE MY WISHES FOR YOU ON MOTHER’S DAY
AND EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR!
The best medicine in the world is a mother’s kiss.
My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.
- Mark Twain
My mom is a never-ending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. - UNKNOWN
You never appreciate all of the things your mother did for you until you find yourself doing the same things for your kids.
- Linda Poindexter
Do you believe in miracles? I do, because having you in my life certainly seems like a miracle every single day. I love you mom. Unknown
Categories: 3. Mother's Day, Beautiful Email Forwards, email Forwards, Great Pictures, Great Posters, Happiness, Inspirational, Kids/Children, LOVE, Relationships, Wisdom, Women Tags: 3. Mother's Day, beautiful, free poster, i love you mom quotes, tribute to mother's, wishes
Don’t Forget Mother’s Day!!!
MOTHER’S DAY May 12, 2013
Mother’s Day is a very special day for honoring Mothers around the world. Mother’s Day holds great significance for all of us.
Mother’s Day / Mothering Sunday Date UK:
2013 – March 10
Inspirational Mommy Quotes
- “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” – Sophia Loren
- “Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.” - Lin Yutang
- “A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” - Cardinal Mermillod
- “A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” - Tenneva Jordan
- “To a child’s ear, “mother” is magic in any language.” - Arlene Benedict
- “There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one” - Jill Churchill
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power.” - Maya Angelou
- “A mother’s heart is the child’s classroom.” - Henry Ward Beecher
- “You don’t really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around – and why his parents will always wave back.” - William D. Tammeus
- “Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.” - Oprah Winfrey
- “Some are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same; and most mothers kiss and scold together.” - Pearl S. Buck
- “Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.” - Stevie Wonder
Visit the following link for more Mother’s Day Fun, Poems, Gift Ideas, Beautiful pictures,
and Free Animations:
Categories: 3. Mother's Day, Beautiful Email Forwards, email Forwards, I've learned that..., Kids/Children, LOVE, Marriage, MOTHER'S DAY FUN, Relationships, Wisdom, Women Tags: don't forget mother's day, Inspirational Mother's day quote, mother's day poem
Mother’s Day is annually held on the second Sunday of May.
It celebrates motherhood and it is a time to appreciate mothers and mother figures. Many people give gifts, cards, flowers, candy, a meal in a restaurant or other treats to their mother and mother figures, including grandmothers, great-grandmothers, stepmothers, and foster mothers.
Happy Mother’s Day 2013
Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.
Happy Mother’s Day Quotes, Messages, Sayings & Poems
Mother’s Day is a celebration honoring mothers and motherhood, maternal bonds, and the influence of mothers in society. It is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, most commonly in March, April or May.
Happy Mother’s Day 2013 Inspiration Quotes & Messages
It takes some one really brave to be a mother, someone strong to raise a child and someone special to love someone more than herself.
A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan
Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible. ~Marion C. Garretty, quoted in A Little Spoonful of Chicken Soup for the Mother’s Soul
Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn,
Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,
But only one mother the wide world over.
Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs… since the payment is pure love. ~Mildred B. Vermont
Categories: 3. Mother's Day, Beautiful Email Forwards, email Forwards, Great Pictures, Inspirational, Kids/Children, LOVE, Marriage, MOTHER'S DAY FUN, Women Tags: 2012, 3. Mother's Day, beautiful, Happy Mother's day 2013
- My Mother taught me about ‘anticipation.’
“Just wait until your father gets home.”
My Mother taught me to ‘meet a challenge.’
“What were you thinking? Answer me when I talk to you! Don’t talk back to me!”
My Mother taught me ‘logic.’
- “If you fall out off that swing and break your neck, you’re not going to the store with me.”
- You spend a half hour searching for your sunglasses only to have your teenager say, “Mom, why don’t you wear the ones you pushed up on your head?”
- You hear a baby cry in the grocery store, and you start to gently sway back and forth, back and forth. However, your children are at school!
- My mother taught me about ‘hypocrisy.’
“If I told you once, I’ve told you a million times. Don’t exaggerate!”
My mother taught me the ‘circle of Life.’
“I brought you into this world, and I can take you out.”
My mother taught me about ‘behavior modification.’
“Stop acting like your father!”
- For weeks a six-year old lad kept telling his first-grade teacher about the baby brother or sister that was expected at his house.
One day the mother allowed the boy to feel the movements of the unborn child. The six-year old was obviously impressed, but made no comment. Furthermore, he stopped telling his teacher about the impending event.
The teacher finally sat the boy on her lap and said, “Tommy, whatever has become of that baby brother or sister you were expecting at home?”
Tommy burst into tears and confessed, “I think Mommy ate it!”
- Mother to daughter advice:
Cook a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
But teach a man to fish and you get rid of him for the whole weekend.
- The mother of three notoriously unruly youngsters was asked whether or not she’d have children if she had it to do over again. “Yes,” she replied. “But not the same ones.
Check out the following site for more jokes, stories, free animations and poems about Mother’s Day:
Categories: 1. Funny Email Forwards, 3. Mother's Day, Email Delanteros Humor Interesante, email Forwards, FUNNY EMAILS, Funny Pictures, Humor, I've learned that..., Inspirational, Interesting Facts, Jokes, Kids/Children, Marriage, MOTHER'S DAY FUN, Relationships, Wisdom, Women Tags: 3. Mother's Day, funny mother taught me, funny sayings, Humor, Jokes, mother's sayings, teaching, wisdom
I love walking with Grandma!
Grandmother you are like a patchwork quilt
So cozy and warm.
Just the smell of coffee
Reminds me of your wisdom and charm.
I know I can always come to you
When lost or alone.
For you always comfort me
And make me feel at home.
You are the silver lining of a cloudy day.
And I know whom can trust
when clouds blow my way.
Grandmother, your hugs and kisses
Will be stored in my heart each day.
Ever since the day I was born.
You have nurtured me with love and kindness.
You have been someone I can believe in,
And someone I can depend upon.
In this world I am just staring to understand.
And it’s important to me that you know
How grateful that I am,
For all that you give to me,
For all that you teach me,
And for the strength I will always have,
Because of you, grandma.
WHAT ARE GRANDMAS FOR?
Grandmas are for stories
about things of long ago.
Grandmas are for caring
about all the things you know…
Grandmas are for rocking you
and singing you to sleep,
Grandmas are for giving you
nice memories to keep…
Grandmas are for knowing
all the things you’re dreaming of…
But, most importantly of all,
grandmas are for love.
Categories: Beautiful Email Forwards, email Forwards, Great Pictures, Happiness, I've learned that..., Kids/Children, LOVE, Relationships, Wisdom, Women Tags: grandma poems, grandmother inspirational poems, walking with grandma
Mother Doesn’t Want a Dog for Mother’s Day by Judith Viorst
Mother doesn’t want a dog.
Mother says they smell,
And never sit when you say sit,
Or even when you yell.
And when you come home late at night
And there is ice and snow,
You have to go back out because
the dumb dog has to go.
Mother doesn’t want a dog.
Mother says they shed,
And always let the strangers in
And bark at friends instead,
And do disgraceful things on rugs,
And track mud on the floor,
And flop upon your bed at night
And snore their doggy snore.
Mother doesn’t want a dog.
She’s making a mistake.
Because, more than a dog,
I think She will not want this snake.
Categories: 1. Funny Email Forwards, Beautiful Email Forwards, Email Delanteros Humor Interesante, email Forwards, FUNNY EMAILS, Great Pictures, Humor, I've learned that..., Interesting Facts, Jokes, Kids/Children, MOTHER'S DAY FUN, Poems, Wisdom, Women Tags: Humor, Mother doesn't want a dog for Mother's day, mother's day poem, Mother's day wisdom, poem
You Were There…
an inspirational poem for Mother’s Day
You were there when we took our first steps,
And went unsteadily across the floor.
You pushed and prodded: encouraged and guided,
Until our steps took us out the door…
You worry now “Are they ok?”
Is there more you could have done?
As we walk the paths of our unknown
You wonder “Where have my children gone?”
Where we are is where you have led us,
With your special love you showed us a way,
To believe in ourselves and the decisions we make.
Taking on the challenge of life day-to-day.
And where we go you can be sure,
In spirit you shall never be alone.
For where you are is what matters most to us,
Because to us that will always be home…
Categories: 3. Mother's Day, Beautiful Email Forwards, email Forwards, I've learned that..., Inspirational, Kids/Children, LOVE, Marriage, MOTHER'S DAY FUN, Wisdom, Women Tags: 3. Mother's Day, beautiful, mother's day poem, poem
Mom is Wow
~ Mother’s Day Reflection
When is Mother’s Day 2013?
Mother’s Day is a celebration honoring mothers and motherhood, maternal bonds, and the influence of mothers in society. It is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, most commonly in March, April or May. It complements Father’s Day, a similar celebration honoring fathers.
Mother’s Day is an American invention. It is not directly descended from the many celebrations of mothers and motherhood that have occurred throughout the world over thousands of years, such as the Greek cult to Cybele, the Roman festival of Hilaria, or the ChristianMothering Sunday celebration. Despite this, in some countries Mother’s Day has become synonymous with these older traditions. ~ wikipedia
Categories: 3. Mother's Day, Beautiful Email Forwards, email Forwards, I've learned that..., Inspirational, Interesting Facts, Kids/Children, LOVE, Marriage, MOTHER'S DAY FUN, Wisdom, Women Tags: email forward, mom is wow, Mother's Day 2013, what is a mother
I am a new Grandparent.
Always thought I would be a wonderful Grandparent and enjoy spoiling my Grandkids.
I believe it’s our right to spoil our Grandkids.
Grandparents seem to have an innate desire to protect, love and spoil.
Spoiling Grandchildren is as natural as breathing.
It’s beyond our control!
But, how am I going to compete with this?
Grandparents Steve and Jeri Wakefield of Dallas
wanted to give their two grandsons the treehouse of their dreams.
And they did!
It’s one thing to be spoiled and another to be spoiled rotten!
That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!
My attempt above.
Hope my grandkids never google ~ best tree forts!!!!
‘You don’t spoil your grandchildren do you? A:’Not this morning, I haven’t seen them yet.’
What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies. ~Rudolph Giuliani
I always give my grandkids a couple of quarters when they go home. It’s a bargain. ~Gene Perret
When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window. ~Ogden Nash
Categories: 1. Funny Email Forwards, 4. Old Age or Golden Years Jokes, email Forwards, Great Pictures, Happiness, I've learned that..., Interesting Facts, Kids/Children, Relationships Tags: granparents, incredible, quotes spoiling grandchildren, spoil grandchildren, tree house